Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sips For Renewal


Sometimes I miss the mark. I miss it badly. I'm human and it makes me feel sick when I feel like I have let someone down, not fulfilled a promise, not completed an expectation that someone had of me.

Helen Keller says: Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened; vision cleared; ambition inspired, and success achieved.

How many times I would like to retreat, close the door, go to bed and cover my head. Everyday I'm on the front line trying to make a difference in our community. Some days I miss the mark.

It is in these moments how aware I am that I need a Savior for my weaknesses and inadequacies as a human being on this planet. Thank the Lord He provided a way for us even in our failures through Jesus Christ.

The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were not limitations to overcome. The hilltop would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse - Helen Keller

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you. You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
-Luke 2:8-12

No comments: