Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Cookies

" The Beast" at the tearoom.

Benjamin and mom making cookies at the tearoom.

Cutting out our sugar cookies that we mixed the night before.

Sprinkles of sugar danced in their head.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookes.

Cookie plate for Christmas Party.


My mom and I have had a tradition since I moved back from Texas where we get together in her kitchen and bake cookies for trays that we take to Christmas parties or have in our home for guests and family. The last couple of years we have kind of quit doing that due to our hectic schedule during the holiday season.


I decided to start baking again this year and I recruited Benjamin to help me. Now I have to tell you a secret... I've owned 3 Kitchen Aid Mixers in the six years we've opened the tearoom. Every time one burns up at the tearoom we end up taking mine from home. We bought the BEAST a couple of years ago, our big mixer we have in the tearoom, but sometimes we need a smaller one for smaller jobs. On Thursday night I came home and decided it was time for another mixer at my house. So off to the store and we've been baking up a storm. We've made sugar cookies, spritz cookies, Tollhouse cookies, Rice Crispy Treats and Peanut Butter Cups.
Peanut Butter Cups are the boys favorite and we cheat on these delicious treats:
1 pkg peanut butter cookie dough
1 pkg of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Just roll out a ball of dough and bake for 10 minutes in small muffin pans and then when they are finished baking...pop in a peanut butter cup in the middle of the dough. I then put it in freezer for a few minutes to harden back the chocolate. MMMM...they are so good and easy.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Sounds like you are having fun making cookies. I posted a comment on the post below this one about your tearoom visit.

Ginger