Saturday, November 28, 2009

Serving Others - Sips For Renewal


The only ones among you who will be truly happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve. - Albert Schweitzer

Interesting quote for tearoom owners and staff. In A Spot For Tea employee manual we have under waitress, job description: You basically keep the guests happy, when they aren't happy, you listen to why, and make them happy. Even when you have had a bad day. Nobody should know it. You can't take it out on the guests. Waitressing is hard, it's demanding, it's a daily struggle. I think it's a mind set. You really have to like dealing with people. You have to believe that "serving others" is NOT a demeaning thing to do. You must realize that you are often the first line of contact that a customer sees, and he or she will base their entire opinion of the tearoom on YOU!

Think about how you have been treated at the places you liked the most, and at the places you liked the least. I'll bet that in both cases, you will come up with a name, a face or a memory of how you were treated by that "front of the house" staff member.

We ask that you uphold the traditions of A Spot For Tea and apply serving from the heart in all that you do for our guest. We are here to build great memories.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

My daughter Tammy and I visited your tearoom yesterday (Tues)as we try to do each time we come to OKC and enjoyed it very much. Your waitress was such a lovely person and so sweet to us. She was certainly a treasure in your business. I asked if I could post your tearoom on my blog and you said I could. I will let you know when I post it but would love to have you visit my blog. Thank you for the beautiful lunch at your gorgeous tearoom.

Ginger

Tammy Seibert said...

Thank you Ginger. Please let me know when you post your blog and I will link it to ours. Its so wonderful to have customers enjoy coming to the tearoom and it makes my day when we are able to serve others with sweetness.

Blessings, Tammy