Friday, July 25, 2008

Heart Story by Debbie Dawson


I had planned to have a tea party at A Spot For Tea for my mother and some of her friends on her next birthday. But God intervened before that time and a friend gave me a gift certificate for an afternoon tea. It was around Christmas when she gave me the certificate and I thought that would be a great time for my mother, sister, niece and me to have a girl's time together. We scheduled our afternoon tea for December 28, 2004. We all enjoyed picking our own flavor of tea and the great assortment of muffins, scones and sandwiches. My mother's favorite thing was the lemon curd. After we tried a little bit of all the goodies, it was time for pictures. With much protest from my niece, we took pictures to add to our scrapbooking memories. It was a wonderful afternoon of making memories and taking time from our busy lives to be together. A time that I will always remember of Mother in a red hat and enjoying tasting all the little treasures on the silver trays. I am so thankful we took this time to be together. My precious little mother went home to be with her Lord and Savior on March 5, 2005. Thank you A Spot For Tea for creating a special memory for my family.


Romans 8:17-18 "The Spirit intercedes and pleads (before God) in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will. We are assured and know that.....all things work together and are (fitting into a plan) for good to and for those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose."

No comments: