Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daniella's Tearoom Visit

Daniella Franklin having a tea party for her 9th birthday - March 3, 2001


Daniella with her mom and dad and her best friend Janna Clare - March 3, 2001.

Daniella and Tammy at A Spot For Tea August 2009
Daniella is now 17 years old.


The day I had Daniella's tea party I wrote in my journal the following entry:


March 3, 2001
Today I gave a tea party for a very special 9 year old named Daniella. She has Down Syndrome. I have been teary every since I got in my car to drive home. What a blessing this business is to me and what a joy and privilege to get to be a part of these children's lives. She was beautiful and precious and her four friends that were there seemed to embrace her uniqueness and the special way God created her and I am humbled at God's extraordinary ways that are so way beyond our understanding and comprehension. Her mother and father were grateful and kind and I am in awe of the capacity for goodness in some people and how God uses us all if we will just surrender into His greater plans for our lives. I am thankful Lord that you have allowed me to be your instrument in making joyous celebrations special. Thank you God for not giving up on me. Thank you God for opening my eyes to the possibility of aligning myself to your purpose for my life.

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know - Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: