Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Heart Story by Mary Belle Johnson

Mary Belle Johnson
This Heart Story was submitted for Summer 2006 Newsletter

I want to say thank you for sending the newsletter, Tea Party Talk, to me. It is so refreshing to read and is a reminder of my days of residence in Oklahoma City, 1997-2001.

Those were great years, and we made many new friends, among them, the owner of A Spot For Tea. She was such a gracious lady, and she shared with me, her love for her family, her Christian involvement, and her dreams for a tearoom where everyone felt the joys and comforts found only in an atmosphere such as this, over a warm cup of tea.

Last summer we visited the city, and my one request to my husband was that we visit A Spot For Tea. It was during this time that I was greeted by the manager. After inquiring about the owner, I was told she was in the tearoom. It wasn't long before she appeared at our table. It was great seeing her again, and unbelievable she still remembered me. It seemed our conversation began where it had ended four years ago. She was the perfect hostess again. She gave us a tour of the beautiful and elaborate rooms, explaining each one in detail. I was taken back in time. It was a day that embellished my life, just as her tea room was so elegant and touched with her embellishments.

"A tea cup is not a teacup without warm tea. So, over a cup of tea, we talked my friend and me."

Mary Belle Johnson was the Executive Director for Women's Ministries of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church while in OKC. Her business card that she had given to Tammy four years earlier stated, "God is looking for women who will answer His call and dare to be different."

No comments: