Friday, May 6, 2011

New Orleans One Of My Favorite Cities

New Orleans happens to be one of my favorite cities...Eric and I have been numerous times. It is a romantic city because of its history, architecture and food.


Cafe Du Monde for beignets...in the morning...down in the French Market...what could be better to start your day?

Longvue House and Gardens is where my cousin got married in 1992.


Longue Vue Gardens is a masterpiece of beauty and southern charm.


It was truly an inspiring destination for a wedding.


My Uncle Russell and Aunt Janice and cousins Angie (who was getting married) and my cousin Wendel. My Uncle Russel passed away a few years ago and I never think of New Orleans that I don't think of him and how much he loved the city.


Eric and I (see I loved hats way before A Spot For Tea opened).


Southern belles (Aunt Janice, Aunt Janet and cousin Lesli).


My cousin Lesle actually lived in New Orleans for a while and she could tell some stories that would be right up there with "Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt.


Robin and Lesli


Angie and Robin toasting the moment in time in New Orleans.


All the guys...our cousins and friends, Donald, Jim, Marcus, Wendel and Roy Dean.


Romantic horse drawn carriage.


Saint Louis Cathedral in the market square of New Orleans.


We even had a loose-leaf tea on our list at the tearoom named Bourbon Street after the famous landmark.


I love New Orleans.

Stevie Nicks has a new album out In Your Dreams.

One of the songs is New Orleans
Chorus:
I want to get a room in New Orleans
I want to sing in the streets of the French Quarter
I want to wear beads
I want to wear feathers and lace
I want to brush by Anne Rice
and go down Bourbon Street

There is no other city like it anywhere.

No comments: