Friday, June 20, 2008

High Tea at the Museum Cafe

High Tea at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art's Museum Cafe (An Afternoon of Elegance)
My mom (Charlotte Nease) and myself enjoying our afternoon together.

High Tea (includes Your choice of Tea)
Assorted Tea Sandwiches (cucumber/dill, Brie/tomato, salmon/capers)
Blueberry Buttermilk Scones
Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles
Assorted Tartlets

I'm always looking for a new place to take tea and broaden my horizons.
I have a passion for TEA and it seems I'm eager to search out how other places are serving afternoon tea. What better opportunity than to celebrate my mom's birthday. We don't get a chance to steal away by ourselves and visit just us two very often. So I made reservations (the museum serves tea on Tuesday and Thursday, 3:00pm to 5:00pm).

I love to support the arts. You can visit their website at http://www.okcmoa.com/ for further information.

Their afternoon tea service is priced at ($19.00) a person which does not include tax and gratuity. This is an average price for afternoon tea in the United States
with east and west coasts being more expensive.
You can get a champagne tea for ($25.00) a person which includes a glass of Domaine St. Michelle Champagne. We didn't get Sweet cream, preserves or lemon curd.
They do serve Numi teas out of tea box with seven different choices and flavors.
The server did not give explanation of the teas that were offered and
our first cup was not poured out which is a custom at A Spot For Tea.
Sorry, no sugar cubes or sugar tongs.
I tried Mate Lemon Myrtle Green Tea and my mom tried Orange Spice White Tea.

The sandwiches were delicious and so were their scones.
The service is more metropolitan which you would expect downtown.

The time I had with my mom was so refreshing as we spent a leisurely afternoon. It was a treat to pamper ourselves, catch up and make memories. That is what I'm encouraging my customers to do and it was fun to go someplace and let others serve us for a change.

This summer I hope you explore new horizons yourself and celebrate life's special moments with those you love.

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth,
but that which is good to the use of edifying
that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

No comments: