Friday, January 7, 2011

A Customer Remembers

I remember the first time I walked into A Spot for Tea Room. The room had a Victorian look. The flowers on the table and the black tables adorned with red and pink flowers table cloth. I found the room very cozy and wonderfully elegant,I bought my first tea pot and matching cups from the Tea Room. I was introduced to several a authors and wonderful characters through the TALKING OVER TEA CUPS BOOK CLUB.The members were introduced to Theodosia Browning, owner of the Indigo Tea Shop and her staff Haley, the cook, Drayton. connoisseur of tea. We found them in Death by Darjeeling, Gun Powder Green, Shades of Earl Grey, The English Breakfast Murder, The Jasmine Moon Murder, Chamomile Mourning, Blood Orange Brewing, The Silver Needle Murder, and Oolong Dead written by Laura Child. We caught a glimpse of what it is like to run a tea room and fabulous recipes at the end of the story.We were introduced to The Mitford Series by Jan Karon. We lived Father Tim's life. We met his wife Cynthia, her cat Violet, his adopted son, Dooley, Other people we met was Lacy Turner, Aunt Sadie, and who could forget Uncle Billy. We learned how to share our faith and Father Tim's ultimate prayer, Thy will be done in making decissions for our lives.Sarah Addison Allen in Garden Spells taught us about edible flowers and their influences on people. We met in the lovely Red Room. We ate our favorite foods and drank our favorite tea from the menu.Special events for me. I had my birtmhday teas, retirement party tea and two mother day teas in the beautiful Queen's Room. My friends and I had fun wearing hats and fur stoles.I remember opening night of the new Spot for Tea. The beautifully painted walls, the wall paperon the walls with garden scenes (other scenes), and the beautiful water falls and the new rooms, Green and Red private rooms, Rose Cottage room for dress up parties and afternoon teas in the Queens Room.Yes, I remember that you gave so much and your rewards are great. Thanks for the memory.I know that God has special plans for your lives.Charlene Ward January 7th, 2011

No comments: