Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken & Artichoke Casserole

I received this email today from a dear customer and I also received a phone call about the Chicken Artichoke Casserole. It is in the cookbook but I share it here for all our customers who are missing a taste of the tearoom.

Hey sweet girl!
I just now heard from my mom(Judy Morgan) that you all closed! While I hate to hear that for purely selfish reasons, I hope spending more time with your boys brings you great happiness. Being a stay at home mom definitely has its ups and downs, but the ups definitely make it worthwhile. :o) I wanted to tell you how grateful I am for your precious tea room and you. They both have brought me, my mother, and my sweet baby girl much joy over the years. We will truly miss you.

Lastly, does your cookbook have the recipes to your scrumptious vanilla muffins & apricot butter and the chicken artichoke casserole? Those were my two favorite items at your tea room and my tummy is very unhappy at the thought of never tasting them ever again. Lol I know that God will bless you in all that you do for you have a true servant's heart and a precious joy for the Lord.

Love ya and miss ya! Melissa Ashford

Chicken & Artichoke Casserole
This is a tearoom favorite and on our lunch menu!
6 1/2 cups or family size cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup chopped canned artichokes (if you use the marinated artichokes make sure they are rinsed and drained)
1 cup sour cream
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cooked and diced up
3 sleeves of crushed buttery snack crackers
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Boil chicken until fully cooked. Let chicken cool. Mix up cheese, artichokes, sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Cut chicken into cubes then add to soup mixture. Spray (12x12) casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer crackers and mixture in casserole dish. 1 sleeve of crushed buttery snack crackers on bottom of pan. 1/2 soup
mixture. 1 sleeve of crushed buttery snack crackers.
Remaining sauce. Top off with last sleeve of crushed
buttery snack crackers. Cover dish with foil and bake for one hour. When serving top with grated cheese.

Enjoy and think of me and A Spot For Tea!

No comments: