Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We said I do

Happy Anniversary 2009

November 2, 1991

We said "I do"!

In the presence of family and friends we pledged to love each other forever.

The matchmaker Mary Ann Long with the bride.


Eric and I singing Happy Birthday to our friend Mary Ann Long.


On Monday, Eric and I were married 18 years. It doesn't seem possible. It made me think about our friend Mary Ann who started it all. She introduced us while we were working at American Airlines in Dallas. I was working in the Executive offices as an Administrative Assistant to Vice President of International Development (Chris Riga) and Eric was a Project Manager. Mary Ann was my mentor and like a second mom to me. She was an Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Operations (Neal Hibbs).


Its scary when you are just out of college and find yourself working in the big league with heavy hitters. I was way over my head with responsibility but she helped me laugh at myself (like the time I got in trouble for parking in the wrong parking place) and she took me under her wing.


Its no surprise that she also decided I needed to meet the right guy. She told Eric he should ask me out on a date. She liked Eric because they were both transplanted Catholic Yankees and Eric is just one of those great guys that is a rare find. She's from Detroit and he's from Buffalo. Just when Eric thought he was moving back to New York...bam...the love bug will get you if you don't watch out. The early dating days were so much fun because we both had flight benefits and could go anyhere on a date. Now that is definately romantic. He took me in July to meet his family in New York and the rest is history.


To honor the lady that brought us together we got married on her birthday. So every year when its our anniversary I usually try to call her and we catch up. She always makes me laugh. She is just a really great lady who happened to help me make one of the biggest decisions of my life. She was like an Italian Fairy Godmother.


She did good! Mary Ann we love you!


1 comment:

Geebee said...

Oh my gosh! These photos really took me back a few years too! God bless you and your family always! P.S. "Now do I get the roller blades???!!"