Friday, October 17, 2008

Heart Story by Kristen Keyser

Kristen serving customers tea.
Heart Story by Kristen Keyser

A Spot For Tea represents a place of refuge, a sanctuary. It offers a person more than just an invitation to dine; it offers an invitation to be vulnerable to the exquisite experience of life.

A Spot For Tea is very close to my heart. When the tearoom first opened a few years ago, I was honored to have the opportunity to serve beside Tammy, Ashlie, and the others. Now, a few years down the road, I am blessed with the same opportunity. Not only serving, but also being served has been delightful and inspiring. You (Tammy and staff) have offered me a restful place to relax, share, celebrate, and shed tears of both joy and sadness. This is a rarity to have found a place to return to again and again that allows me and many others a place of rest in a world racing with urgency.

For me, relationships are abundant here at A Spot For Tea; to work beside Tammy, who is a mentor and friend; Ashlie, who I have had the joy of friendship the entirety of our lives; and Eric, who is the truest example of having a servant's heart. Moreover, the staff, kitchen and waitresses, who bring so much to the ministry and vitality of the tearoom have touched my heart and influenced my life. The tearoom embodies my second family. And they do bring infinite joy to my life.

It is impossible not to be blessed in this place. I would encourage others to come into the tearoom and drink in its simplicity and beauty. The invitation has been offered all you must do now is accept. "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and him with me." Revelations 3:20

Kristen is a news researcher at The Oklahoman and also works as a waitress at A Spot For Tea on Fridays and Saturdays. She has helped the tearoom host numerous events in the Red Room, herself embodying all she described in her co-workers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a wonderful story.
Ya'll are lucky to have a terrific person like Kristen in your lives. I was lucky enough to work with her at another job and know that she thinks very highly of you at the tea room.